Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The recipes we always come back to

If the only recipe I ever used from the Cottey College cookbook was the banana bread recipe, that would make it alone worth the cost.  Every time for the past two years that bananas have gotten to the bread stage of ripeness, I've gone to that very simple but  good recipe!


We're also celebrating Puppy's 3rd birthday today, and again, I have recipes to go back to.  Except they aren't really recipes! Our children love chicken salad.  Love it.  So this time, I used the whole chicken for chicken salad.  There's a method my cousin taught me a few years ago, but not a recipe.  Mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, lemon juice, cut-up grapes, and a little pickle relish are added to taste.  That's about it.    Every time we buy grapes, the children hope for this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment