Thursday, November 20, 2014

What I Made - Williamsburg Gingerbread

     I've tended lately, through no particular design, to make many of the same Christmas cookies my paternal grandmother made.  My own mother makes a very wide assortment, so it's hard to choose from among the ones with which I grew up, which ones to make.   Last night I made the dough for one of Nan's favorites, gingerbread cookies according to the recipe from Colonial Williamsburg.
    When you buy the cookies ready-made at Williamsburg, they come in large rounds, so I plan to bake them the same way.  The dough is a soft one until refrigerated.  It's without egg, which should be useful to those dealing with egg allergies.  (And of course that means that you have no danger in nibbling the dough!)
   This is the first time I've made this recipe, so the jury will remain out until we've baked it up, closer to Christmas!


http://www.history.org/Almanack/life/food/ginger.cfm

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how they all turn out. I plan on digging out Nanny's recipe box this year for cookies.

    ReplyDelete