Friday, March 27, 2015

Traditions: A Shared Birthday

    You probably know at least one person who shares your birthday.  There are only 365 days to choose from, after all!  But the only person I know who shares my birthday is my best friend.  I have a very unlikely best friend, a gentleman I've known for over twenty years.  Yes, it's odd, and there are a lot of things about that friendship that take "it's  a long story" to explain.  But  D. and I *do* share a birthday.
  D. lives in the general area where we both grew up, and to which I am greatly looking forward to returning.  (It was military life that took my own little household to several areas of the country for the first ten years of Brett's and my marriage, and now we've remained out of that area for a few years longer.  We want to be back!  )   So it hasn't been possible for D. and I to celebrate together as would be ideal.  But, we make a point of having a good phone chat, no matter what else is going on that day.  And I can always tease him for being older than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment