Friday, April 10, 2015

Can you do your job without the right tools?

    For quite some time, the display of our oven had been partly not working, in that a few of the LEDs were burnt out.  It hadn't been bothering me at all, but it had been bothering Brett, and he decided to try to fix it several days ago.  That didn't work out- several times over.  After the oven stopped working partway through my baking soething today, we decided that it reached the tipping point at which the cost of repairing it.would reach the cost of replacing it. Brett ordered a new range for us which should be delivered early in the week.
   Now- to function at my job without a necessary tool.  How will I do that?  "Muddling" is the word, for sure.  I had to shift supper plans for at least tonight and probably a few more nights to come.  More than that, I can't bake anything properly for Brett's birthday (tomorrow) and it'll mean buying a birthday cake.  To have to buy a cake is an injury to my pride!  I suppose there may be some lesson the Lord has there for me about pride....
  The right tool is necessary for any job.  Muddling along without the right tool, or with the wrong tool, is pretty challenging!

What are your most needed tools for your job?

No comments:

Post a Comment