Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter tradition- just one

   Not to say we have only one, but I'll focus on only one this time!  A new tradition I established last year was to save any decorating until the last minute, decorating for Easter late on Saturday evening after the children are in bed.  This way, the house, or at least the dining room, is transformed and greets Jesus' new life anew.
   Our dining room is easily closed off from the rest of the downstairs, having doors on three sides that can be closed between it and the kitchen, living room and hallway.  For most occasions, the dining room is the most-decorated room in the house.  This year I didn't put as much in the DR as I did last year!  But there were several colored pictures of flowers, draped crosses that say "He Is Risen" and similar things.
   On the front door, i put a wreath I made with tiny hats and flowered fabric, and in the living room, pretty ribboned eggs a friend gave me years back.  Also, several Easter books, including my mom's old copy of The Egg Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment